News & Events
Call for Applications for Positions of Fact-checkers
Positions have been filled.
Panos South Asia (PSA) believes in the need to strengthen accountability in politics and journalism in Nepal and across South Asia as an effective way to consolidate democracy.
It is important that public figures be held to account for what they say and claim. Media, which has such an important role in holding the public figures to account, also displays bias. In some extreme cases, media has misrepresented facts.
Therefore, Panos South Asia, announces setting up a fact-checking website to encourage transparency and accountability in politics and media. The initiative would be launched in Nepal in the first phase.
In this context, we seek applications from qualified and interested individuals for the position of fact-checkers. Journalists with investigative flair and researchers are our ideal candidates. Positions are open only for Nepali nationals.
Fact-checkers have to be absolutely impartial and non-partisan. So our fact-checkers cannot be members of political parties and political party-affiliated bodies or professional unions.
1) Must be a graduate in any social sciences discipline. Preference will be given to journalism graduates and researchers in the field of politics and history.
2) At least 3 years’ professional experience in media or research organization.
3) Must be fluent in both English and Nepali languages.
3) Should be willing to work full time.
1) Demonstrate evidence of investigation and research in subjects like politics, history, foreign affairs.
2) Able to analyze complex data and explain in clear language.
3) Have a flair for absorbing writing style.
If you think you have all these qualifications, please send in a cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate and your CV/Resume along with names of at least TWO references to [email protected] by June 23, 2015. Applications that do not have all these requirements will not be considered.
Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.